Lantronix announced the launch of its new xPico Wi-Fi module, a compact, embedded wireless device server designed for easy and fast serial-to-Wi-Fi connectivity. Lantronix will be showcasing a live demo of the xPico Wi-Fi device during Embedded World 2013 at the Nuremberg Exhibition Centre, Hall 1 - Booth I-309, from February 26 - 28, 2013.
With the launch of the xPico Wi-Fi embedded module, Lantronix brings its industry-leading connectivity expertise into one of the world's smallest and easiest to use serial-to-Wi-Fi device server. The xPico Wi-Fi device, which boasts a tiny footprint of 24mm x 16.5mm, is a pin and form factor compatible member of the xPico product family.
xPico Wi-Fi device: Key Features and Benefits
- Easy to deploy and use: No need for software development or to write a single line of code.
- Innovative form factor: Compact footprint: 24mm x 16.5mm.
- Robust: Complete "device server application" with full IP stack and web browser.
- Secure: 256-bit AES Encryption.
- Industrial-ready: Serial Data Rate of up to 921 kbps; Operating environment at extended temperatures: -40° to +85° C.
- Value: Low-power, small form factor provides rapid integration into size- and power-sensitive applications, including battery-powered devices.
- Guaranteed: Industry-leading 5-Year limited warranty.
How to buy
xPico Wi-Fi, which is sampling now and begins volume shipping in the early half of calendar 2013, is available for pre-order now by calling (800) 422-7055, and at the time of shipping will be available for purchase globally through Lantronix.com, as well as through the company's distribution channels and partners on a worldwide basis. Volume pricing begins in the mid $20 range.