DC-DC converter designed for military vehicles, ships, weapons, and other rugged systems
VPT announces the availability of a new triple output DC-DC converter uniquely designed to power electronics in military vehicles, ships, weapons, and other rugged systems. Delivering up to 30 watts, the new VPT30-2800T DC-DC converter meets several military standards and features three outputs, enabling engineers to power multiple loads from a single, small, cost-saving module.
“For ground systems, demand is increasing for COTS type DC-DC converters that provide flexible output power at an affordable price,” said Monty Pyle, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for VPT. “Our new VPT30 offers three independent and isolated outputs with a power capability of up to 15W each supporting multiple loads from one module. Additionally, built-in compliances reduce the component count and cost in power systems for armored vehicles, for example, where space is at a premium yet military standards are imperative. The triple outputs plus the included compliances make the VPT30-2800T a very cost-effective solution for demanding applications.”
About the VPT30-2800T Triple Output DC-DC Converter
The VPT30-2800T is a step down converter delivering up to 30W from three independent, isolated outputs.
• Up to 30W total output power
• Wide input voltage range: 9 to 80 Volts per MIL-STD-704 and MIL-STD-1275
• High input transient voltage: 100 Volts for 1 sec per MIL-STD-704 and MIL-STD-1275
• Full operation over -55 °C to +100 °C military temperature range
• Zero cross regulation
• No minimum load requirements
• High efficiency
• Low input/output noise
• Input undervoltage lockout, output soft start, short circuit protection
• Fixed frequency
• Magnetic feedback circuit with no optoisolators
• Six-sided non-hermetic rugged metal enclosure
• Internally conformal coated
• Size 1.325” x 1.885” x 0.4” (2.5 in2), weight just 50g
• Designed for duty in harsh environments including shock, vibration, temperature cycling and more
Compliances and Certifications:
• MIL-STD-1275 input voltage range and transient voltage
• MIL-STD-704A input voltage requirements
• MIL-STD-461C-F when used with a VPTF3 or VPTF10 Series EMI filter
• DEF STAN 61-5 and DEF STAN 59-411 when used with a VPTc10-28 EMI filter
• Environmental screening to JESD22, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-883
• J-STD-001, ISO-9001, IPC-A-610 manufacturing
The VPT30-2800T is currently available in four standard configurations: 3.3V/12V/12V, 3.3V/15V/15V, 5V/12V/12V, and 5V/15V/15V. Other configurations are available upon request.
Modules are in stock now with pricing beginning at US $225.00 in OEM quantities. The VPT30-2800T is part of the VPT Series, VPT’s complete line of high reliability, COTS DC-DC converters offering power outputs from 5 to 200W. Complete technical details are available at www.vptpower.com. For further information, contact VPT at (425) 353-3010.