Analog Devices, Inc. is introducing the ADM6305 and ADM6306 dual-voltage supervisors that provide high-voltage threshold accuracy of 1.2 percent for monitoring low voltage core rails. These new supervisory ICs are designed to monitor two supplies, provide a reset signal to digital processor-based systems and are ideal for dual supply processors and FPGA’s. Available in a space saving 1.7 mm x 3.0 mm SOT package, the new ADM6305 and ADM6306 expands ADI’s portfolio into the widest portfolio of high accuracy multi voltage supervisors/monitors available. Visit our Website to learn more.
Featuring two adjustable, resistor-programmable, under-voltage reset inputs of 0.4 V and 1.23 V, the ADM6305 and ADM6306 can monitor supplies of less than 1.2 V when the threshold is set at 0.4 V. When a monitored power supply voltage falls below the minimum voltage threshold, a single, active low output triggers a system reset. Once all voltages rise above the selected threshold level, the reset signal remains low for the reset timeout period. Four reset timeout options of 1 ms (milliseconds), 20 ms, 140 ms and 1.12 seconds are also provided. The ADM6305 and ADM6306 are available in a 5-lead SOT-23 package and are specified over a temperature range of ?40°C to +85°C.
“Each device’s high threshold accuracy of ±1.2 percent allows very accurate monitoring of low voltage core rails,” said Nigel Brooke, product marketing manager, Power Management Technology Group, Analog Devices. “When this is compared to the ±2.4% accuracy specified for the nearest alternative supervisors, the ADM6305 and ADM6306 are the most accurate microprocessor supervisors available.”
Key Features and Benefits:
- Two adjustable input threshold voltage options provide design flexibility:
- 0.4V (±1.2% accurate)
- 1.23V (±2.4% accurate)
- Four factory-programmed reset timeout delays: 1 ms, 20 ms, 140 ms and 1.12 seconds provide additional design flexibility
- Low power consumption of 8 ?A (typical) will benefit portable device designs
- Small 1.7 mm x 3.0 mm 5-lead SOT-23 package reduces board space
- The ADM6306 offers optional pre-trimmed Vcc threshold increments between 2.5 V and 5 V for addition design flexibility
Availability and Pricing
|Product||Sample Availability||Price in 1,000s||Packaging|