Yokogawa Electric Corporation announces Release 10 of FAST/TOOLS– the latest version of a web-based real-time operations management and visualization software package that brings revolutionary changes to real-time process information intelligence. Originally developed in 1978 for a large gas collection, processing and distribution system in the Netherlands, FAST/TOOLS has evolved from SCADA and HMI software to an enterprise-wide solution used by Yokogawa customers worldwide in over 10,000 installations.
Main features of FAST/TOOLS Release 10
1. Cost-effective Enterprise solutions where operator and engineering clients are served from FAST/TOOLS web servers without the requirement for external databases or thick clients. FAST/TOOLS architecture is very efficient on system resources, able to scale from small deployments of a hundred points to over a millions points enterprise solution with two hundred thousand points plus updates per second on a single server (based on actual deployments).
2. Information model (process hierarchy) - items (tags) can be segmented in up to 128 levels and 255 characters to better match enterprise topologies and naming conventions.
3. New RDBMS interfaces to the enterprise environment allows seamless bidirectional use of traditional database based information within FAST/TOOLS environment and process data within database environment.
4. Wireless mobility solution enhancements extend FAST/TOOLS support to portable touchscreen devices through HTML5 based displays that include process visualization, reporting, and trending.
5. Enhanced ProSafe-RS support for upstream oil and gas applications where it is now possible to easily support gas flow rate calculation functions in the ProSafe-RS safety instrumented system and reporting and data retaining capabilities in FAST/TOOLS.
6. Distributed Temperature Sensing support for DTSX200 where advanced trending supports distance versus temperature in addition to temperature versus time to allow for accurate display of temperature in both linear (e.g., down hole) and three dimensional (e.g., wrapped LNG vessel) configurations.
Oil and gas upstream/midstream, petrochemicals, chemicals, renewable energy, power, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, food, iron and steel, water supply, wastewater treatment
For more information
FAST/TOOLS R10.01 (http://www.yokogawa.com/scd/scd-scada-index-en.htm)