Saelig Company has introduced the System 8 Diagnostic Solution Plus - a unique, versatile, easy-to-use PCB test system that uses a selection of CD-drive-size modules to create a PC-driven PCB test station. The System 8 Diagnostic Solution Plus, which can be built in a PC case or 19" rack-mounted, is based on a comprehensive set of test instruments for complete testing and fault-finding needs on almost any kind of PCB. Equally at home with analog or digital PCBs, the System 8 Diagnostic Solution Plus incorporates a full range of test instruments in one compact box, with a variety of available test methods, to create a cost-effective solution for electronics faultfinding across a wide range of industries, including aircraft and transportation maintenance, PCB production houses, manufacturing, etc.
The System 8 Diagnostic Solution Plus offers 64 digital and 24 analog test channels to provide a variety of test and measurement techniques to track down the most elusive faults, even on unpowered boards. Comparing results with a known good board with automated-sequence fault-finding procedures, fault diagnosis becomes possible by minimally-trained staff. System 8 Software can be configured to guide users step-by-step through a test procedure, with custom-annotated picture images, instructions, and attached datasheets to give quick Pass/Fail results. This is much faster and more economical than using traditional oscilloscopes, meters and other bench test methods.
A simple starter system can be built with one or two test modules, but this can be expanded as future needs arise. A typical System 8 Diagnostic Solution Plus configuration can use a combination of any of the following modules:
- Board Fault Locator: 64 test channels for multiple test methods for fault diagnosis and functional testing of digital ICs (in-circuit / out-of-circuit), IC connections status, and voltage acquisition, V-I Curve testing of components on unpowered boards.
- Analog IC Tester: for in-circuit functional testing of analog ICs and discrete components (no programming or circuit diagrams needed). Fully configurable V-I Tester for detection of faults on unpowered boards.
- Multiple Instrument Station: includes 8 high specification test and measurement instruments in one module (Frequency Counter, Digital Storage Oscilloscope, Function Generator, Digital Floating Multimeter, Auxiliary PSU, and Universal I/O).
- Advanced Test Module: offers powerful test combinations for flexible, comprehensive fault diagnosis, including functional, connections, voltage, thermal and V-I signature tests.
- Advanced Matrix Scanner: 64 channels for fast data acquisition to test high pin count devices as well as complete PCBs; sweep signal frequency to observe device under test response over a frequency range.
- Triple Output Variable Power Supply: provides required supply voltages to the unit under test.
Many repair centers around the world are equipped with the System 8 Diagnostic Solution Plus, offering optimal fault coverage and maintenance capabilities to a wide range of customers. The System 8 Diagnostic Solution Plus is frequently the test instrument of choice in the areas of telecommunications, transportation, and automotive manufacturing. Many land forces, air force and navy organizations around the globe use System 8 Diagnostic Solution Plus to provide on-site test and repair, avoiding time-consuming returns to distant repair sites. Applications include: PCB testing and troubleshooting, digital/analog IC test, digital/analog V-I test, visual short identification with audible/visual indication of probe distance to short, live board comparison, manufacturing defects analysis, power-on/power-off testing, QA reporting, embedded real-time control, calculation and logging, component and board testing, digital and analog functional tests , automated test sequences, etc.
Made in Europe by ABI Electronics Ltd., a leading embedded test equipment manufacturer, the System 8 Diagnostic Solution Plus is available now from ABI's USA distributor Saelig Co. Inc. Fairport, NY. For detailed specifications, free technical assistance, or additional information, please contact Saelig 1-888-7SAELIG, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.saelig.com.