Analog-to-digital converter can be used as a drop-in replacement for the Analog Devices AD7887
Touchstone Semiconductor  announced the immediate availability of the TSA7887 , its first Analog Devices alternate source IC. The new TSA7887 is a two-channel, 12-bit, 125-ksps analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that can be used as a drop-in replacement for the Analog Devices AD7887.
Priced at $1.25 in 1,000-piece quantities, the new Touchstone TSA7887 is $3 less expensive, pin-compatible, specification-identical, and functionally identical to the Analog Devices’ AD7887. Touchstone now offers a total of 17 parts from Maxim and Analog Devices in its alternate-source analog IC family.
Touchstone’s alternate-source parts are drop-in replacements that can be used in conjunction with the original manufacturer’s ICs. Replacement parts ensure electronics companies have access to a constant supply of parts to build their products. All Touchstone alternate-source analog ICs are in stock and available to ship immediately.
The new TSA7887’s features include:
· A $1.25 price at 1k-piece quantities -- $3 lower than the AD7887.
· 2.6-mW power consumption at 125ksps while operating from a single +2.7V to +5.25V.
· Four user-programmable, low-power operating modes including auto standby and auto power down.
· Two INL options: TSA7887B with ±1LSB INL and TSA7887A with ±2LSB INL.
· -40°C to +125°C operating temperature.
· One or two analog inputs each with an input range from 0V to VREF or 0V to VDD.
· An integrated 2.5V reference.
The TSA7887 is an ideal choice as an easy-to-use, stand-alone 12-bit ADC in low-power, industrial, process control and data-acquisition applications. Some portable and fixed-form-factor applications for the TSA7887 include: optical sensors, touch panels, personal digital assistants, programmable logic controllers, and medical instrumentation.
The TSA7887 is available in 8-pin SOIC and MSOP packages and is fully specified from -40ºC to +125ºC. It is in stock and ready to ship from Touchstone’s distributors: Digi-Key  and Future Electronics . Touchstone offers free samples/and completely assembled/tested demo boards upon request by visiting: http://touchstonesemi.com/products/maxim-second-sources .