Internet-Based Service Enables Professionals to View and Control Enabled Devices Online
Lantronix, a leading provider of secure, remote management and device networking solutions, launched AccessMyDevice, a new enterprise-grade, Internet-based service enabling business and technology professionals to easily view, manage, control and service virtually any device from a web browser. Initially offered in conjunction with the Lantronix SpiderDuo, customers can use AccessMyDevice free for the first six months of service.
Currently available in the US only, international customers can begin taking advantage of this new service in December 2010. Lantronix is also announcing the AccessMyDevice partner program, enabling businesses the opportunity to offer the managed service to their customers under their own brand name.
“We are thrilled to launch AccessMyDevice, a leading edge managed service solution,” said Jerry Chase, CEO at Lantronix. “This service provides new recurring revenue streams for Lantronix and offers our customers and partners competitive advantages in terms of productivity and cost savings. AccessMyDevice will also serve as a robust communications platform for delivering software as a service (SaaS) solutions to the M2M market.”
AccessMyDevice offers all the benefits of a browser interface, plus the added security and functionality required by enterprise customers to remotely access devices, servers, equipment and data behind firewalls. Key features include:
• 24/7 secure, browser-based access to virtually any machine, device, server, PC, laptop, microprocessor, and more.
• Operating-system independent – The initial SpiderDuo offering is compatible with Linux, Windows and Mac machines, and any device with a VGA video port and either USB or PS/2 keyboard/mouse connector.
• BIOS-level access – Without the limitations of a software-based solution residing at the operating system layer, users can change BIOS settings and even conduct an entire system restore.
• Virtual media support – Perform remote upgrades, transfer files and redirect local drives remotely.
• Wake-on LAN – Remotely wake up a computer or device that is turned off, or vice versa, saving on energy costs and system usage.
Pricing and Service
The initial launch of AccessMyDevice is a bundled solution consisting of a VIP Access-enabled SpiderDuo and a monthly subscription service. Lantronix is offering a special launch promotion of $349.00 USD, which includes the SpiderDuo and six months of free service. Following the free trial, the service will be $19.95 per device, per month. To learn more or to purchase online, please visit www.AccessMyDevice.com  or call 1.800.526.8766.
An IPv6-certified device, the SpiderDuo is a small, compact solution that provides flexible, secure, real-time access to remote computers, servers and other equipment from virtually anywhere via the Internet. Its network connection allows remote users to control a distant computer as if it were right in front of them. For additional details on SpiderDuo, including EDN’s Top 100 Hot Electronics Products award and InfoWorld’s 8.9 out of 10 product review, please visit www.lantronix.com/spiderduo .
AccessMyDevice is built on Lantronix’ patented, proprietary ManageLinx platform. ManageLinx 3.0 is a powerful M2M (machine-to-machine) communications solution that provides secure remote Internet access to virtually any piece of IP-enabled equipment – even behind remote firewalls or VPNs. With this unique solution, service organizations at OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) or MSPs (managed service providers) can implement or enhance a remote product services model to:
• Save time, increase profitability and improve customer service.
• Deploy with ease – no client software; no network configuration.
• Maintain customer IT policy and firewall integrity.
• Reduce technician service calls.
For more details on the ManageLinx, please visit www.lantronix.com/managelinx  or contact email@example.com .