Meridia (sibutramine hydrochloride): Follow-Up to an Early Communication about an Ongoing Safety Review
- History of coronary artery disease (e.g., heart attack, angina)
- History of stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- History of heart arrhythmias
- History of congestive heart failure
- History of peripheral arterial disease
- Uncontrolled hypertension (e.g., > 145/90 mmHg)
Patients currently using sibutramine should talk with their healthcare professional to determine if continued use of sibutramine is appropriate and discuss any questions they may have about their treatment.