The world's highest capacity!! Enables mounting by conductive adhesive! Commencing mass production of GCG series monolithic ceramic capacitors for automobiles that can withstand 150°C
Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. has begun mass production of 1005 and 1608 size chip monolithic ceramic capacitors for automobiles that can be used at 150°C with X8R characteristics*1 and that have achieved the highest capacity in the world. These capacitors can be mounted with conductive adhesive and have successfully resolved the problem of solder cracks*2.
In recent years, great focus has been placed in the automotive market on higher efficiency and greater environmental durability. To achieve greater precision in control, electronic parts are more often being placed near the engine and transmission. As a result, there is an increasing need for capacitors that can be used in environments with high temperatures up to 150°C. In response, Murata developed a new material that enabled development of products that can be used with X8R characteristics.
Moreover, the trend towards more electronic components in the automotive market also means that space for mounting parts must be reduced. Demand is therefore increasing for more compact parts for automobiles such as the 1005 and 1608 sizes. Murata's development of a new material also enabled an increase in the capacity of products in these size classes. The new capacitors boast the world's highest capacity with X8R characteristics.
They also have Ag/Pd external electrodes, enabling mounting with conductive adhesive and eliminating solder cracks that were a problem in the temperature cycle.
- Larger capacity and smaller size (1005,1608 size) with X8R characteristics
- Have Ag/Pd external electrodes that enable mounting with conductive adhesive and that eliminate solder cracks
ECU, transmission control, ABS and other automotive sets that must withstand high temperatures
- GCG155R91E104K: 1005size/0.1µF (rated voltage: 25V)
- GCG155R91H473K: 1005size/47,000pF (rated voltage: 50V)
- GCG188R91E474K: 1608size/0.47µF (rated voltage: 25V)
- GCG188R91H224K: 1608size/0.22µF (rated voltage: 50V)
- GCG188R92A683K: 1608size/68,000pF (rated voltage: 100V)
- 1005size L: 1.0±0.1mm, W: 0.5±0.05mm, T: 0.5±0.05mm
- 1608size L: 1.6±0.2mm, W: 0.8±0.1mm, T: 0.8±0.1mm
Mass production began at Izumo Murata Manufacturing in July 2012.
|*1 X8R characteristics:||Characteristics in which the capacitance change rate of ±15% is within the range of -55 to 150°C temperature|
|*2 Solder cracks:||Cracks that appear in soldering caused by stress from expansion and contraction of the substrate that occurs with temperature changes|