NPD DisplaySearch Announces Agenda for Upcoming 2012 Taiwan FPD Conference
TAIPEI, TAIWAN, March 23, 2012—NPD DisplaySearch today announced the agenda for its upcoming 2012 Taiwan FPD Conference. Building upon its successful track record of hosting flat panel display conferences worldwide, the Taiwan FPD Conference will provide an opportunity for leading flat panel display manufacturers, display component suppliers, TV manufacturers, new display technology developers, as well as industry and financial analysts to address the latest challenges, opportunities and trends for TFT LCDs, touch technologies, mobile displays, LED backlights and more. As Taiwan’s top display conference, this year’s event will be held at the Taipei International Convention Center on April 19-20, 2012.
In response to the macroeconomic environment, the flat panel display industry is exploring different directions for growth opportunities. Some companies have forged alliances to gain synergy, while another joint venture recently ended a partnership. At the same time, hot-selling products like the iPad and other tablet PCs, as well as innovations in hardware specifications, will greatly change the mindset of FPD industry players in 2012.
“We believe 2012 marks the start of a new era, ushering in a proliferation of mobile devices. The market will be driven by new technologies in touch and materials, opportunities for higher efficiencies with new display sizes, cutting-edge technology processes, business models and structures of the industry as well as the rapid growth in AMOLED and LCD smart phone panels,” said David Hsieh, NPD DisplaySearch Vice President of the Greater China Market. These topics will all be addressed during the NPD DisplaySearch annual Taiwan FPD Conference.
The NPD DisplaySearch Taiwan FPD Conference will feature more than 20 presentations from DisplaySearch global analysts and industry leaders. Representatives from throughout the entire FPD supply chain—LCD panel makers, TV brands, component suppliers, mobile PC and desktop monitor companies, OEM makers, touch panel suppliers and LED backlight and lighting experts—will participate. The Taiwan FPD Conference provides attendees with valuable information and market data, as well as great opportunities for networking and hearing different perspectives that can benefit companies’ business strategies.
Co-sponsored by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council Association (TAITRA), the two-day event will consist of six sessions with presentations from 23 industry executives representing supply side, demand side and the display supply chain.
Session 1: FPD Keynote Session—FPD Overview: 10 Hot Trends in 2012 and Beyond
- David Hsieh, Vice President, Greater China Market, NPD DisplaySearch
- TK Wu, VP & GM, Mobile Solution Business Group, AU Optronics
- Alan T. Eusden, Chairman and President, Corning Display Technologies Taiwan, Corning
- Daniel Lee, Director, Marketing Intelligence, LG Display
Session 2: TFT LCD & AMOLED Strategic Analysis
- Vera Wang, Analyst, NPD DisplaySearch
- Yoonsung Chung, Research Director, NPD DisplaySearch
- Shawn Lee, Research Director, NPD DisplaySearch
Session 3: Touch Panel Market Updates
- Robert Yu, Technical Marketing Manager, STMicroelectronics
- Dr. Daniel Lu, Technical Director, Henkel
- Calvin Hsieh, Research Director, NPD DisplaySearch
Session 4: FPD TV – The Changing TV Value Chain: from Material to Manufacturing
- Deborah Yang, Research Director, Monitor & TV, NPD DisplaySearch
- Dr. Karl Skjonnemand, Director of R&D, Merck
- Bing Zhang, Research Director, NPD DisplaySearch
- Yasuo Nakane, Managing Director, Deutsche Securities
Session 5: LED, Lighting & Backlights
- Leo Liu, Senior Analyst, NPD DisplaySearch
- CS Ku, Consultant & Head of Lighting BU, Panashine Optoelectronics Co.
- TBD, AMS-TAOS Inc.
Session 6: New Displays, New Applications
- Y.C. Shih, Senior Vice President, Qualcomm Panel Manufacturing Ltd.
- Paul Semenza, Senior Vice President, NPD DisplaySearch
- Jeff Lin, Analyst, NPD DisplaySearch
On April 19, NPD DisplaySearch will also host a reception, providing speakers and attendees with an opportunity to network with peers and colleagues, as well as the chance to win a 42” LCD TV.
2012 Taiwan FPD Conference Sponsors:
- Platinum: AMS-TAOS, Henkel, Merck, Qualcomm, Rambus, STMicroelectronics
- Gold: Corning, Hanns-G, HannStar
- Taiwan FPD Night Special Event Sponsors: Tatung, TPV
Register now for the Taiwan FPD Conference!
Attendees are encouraged to register early as the event is projected to sell out. The early bird registration rate of US$600 is available until April 10. Two-way simultaneous translation is provided in English and Chinese.
For more information about the event or to register, contact Elaine Lai via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 886.2.6601.0045 or visit http://www.displaysearch.com.tw/ for registration information, additional details and agenda updates.
NPD DisplaySearch will host 11 events in 2012. For details on all NPD DisplaySearch events, visit www.displaysearch.com/events.