TI Development Kit Quickly and Easily Integrate Bluetooth and Stellaris ARM MCUs
With this offering, TI further expands its broad portfolio of complete microcontroller and wireless technology solutions, which includes 16- and 32-bit MCUs backed by ZigBee, low-power wireless, RFID, and Bluetooth hardware and software. The Stellaris 2.4 GHz CC2560 Bluetooth Wireless Kit is modular and can be combined with the same Stellaris DK-LM3S9B96 Development Kit that serves as a baseboard for other Stellaris wireless solutions. When coupled with the DK- LM3S9B96 development board, the kit includes all hardware and software needed to jumpstart development. It also speeds the design process, as engineers are able to evaluate the working Bluetooth solution within 10 minutes or less using the included quick-start application.
What’s included in the Stellaris 2.4 GHz CC2560 Bluetooth Wireless KitSoftware
• StellarisWare software, including peripheral driver library and example source code
• Bluetopia Bluetooth stack – developed by Stonestreet One and licensed, delivered and supported by TI – which includes the Serial Port Profile (SPP), Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) with sample applications
• Stellaris DK-LM3S9B96-EM2 Expansion Board
• PAN1323 Bluetooth v2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) Module
• TI eZ430 USB emulator with Bluetooth target board and plastic cover
• Battery board
• Two AAA batteries
• Earbud headphones
• StellarisWare CD
Features and benefits of the Stellaris 2.4 GHz CC2560 Bluetooth Wireless Kit
-Bluetooth 2.1 technology + EDR support
-Complete, validated, certified, production-ready module (PAN1323 used for evaluation, PAN1315 or PAN1325 used for production)
-Sample applications for the Stellaris LM3S9000 series, with demos showing API usage provided in source code
-Best-in-class Bluetooth RF performance for robust, high-throughput wireless connection, extended range and better power efficiency
-Lower manufacturing and operating costs, save board space, ease certification, minimize RF expertise required
-Simplifies and reduces hardware and software development, allowing faster time-to-market
Price and availability The Stellaris 2.4 GHz CC2560 Bluetooth Wireless Kit (DK-EM2-2560B) is priced at $199 US, and available to order today at www.ti.com/bt-kit-2560b-pr-es. The DK-LM3S9B96 is sold separately for $425 U.S., and available to order today at www.ti.com/bt-kit-9b96-pr-es.
TI's broad portfolio of MCUs, connectivity solutions and more From general purpose, ultra-low power MSP430™ MCUs, to Stellaris ARM Cortex-M 32-bit MCUs and high performance, real-time control C2000™ MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
TI provides the industry’s broadest portfolio of mature, low-power wireless connectivity solutions. With expertise in more than a dozen technologies, TI ensures customers the best-suited wireless connectivity for every type of application. TI’s product portfolio is complemented with the support and tools that customers and developers need to quickly and easily bring wirelessly connected designs to market. Visit the company’s Wireless Connectivity Portal for an overview of TI-supported technologies, the full product portfolio, and example use cases.
Find out more about TI's MCU and wireless connectivity solutions • Purchase the Stellaris 2.4 GHz CC2560 Bluetooth Wireless Kit: www.ti.com/bt-kit-2560b-pr-es
• Stellaris + wireless connectivity solutions: www.ti.com/bt-kit-pr-lp
• DK-LM3S9B96 development kit: www.ti.com/bt-kit-9b96-pr-tf
• StellarisWare Software: www.ti.com/bt-kit-sw-pr-lp
• Stellaris 2.4 GHz CC2560 Bluetooth Wireless Kit Software: www.ti.com/bt-kit-pr-sw
• MSP430 + wireless connectivity solutions: www.ti.com/bt-kit-430rf-pr-lp
• TI’s wireless connectivity portal: www.ti.com/wirelessconnectivity