Covered Coin Cell Holders Increase Reliability
The Snap Dragon launch will support CR2032 batteries, with both through hole and surface mount versions available. However, design work has already begun on Snap Dragons for other coin cell sizes and a full product line will soon be released. CR2032 batteries are extremely popular throughout the world, as they offer approximately 220 mAh of power and are quite small, making them perfect for circuits with low power requirements.
Snap Dragons are made to be extremely reliable, with contacts made of nickel-plated phosphor bronze and covered with a gold flash overall for corrosion resistance and increased solderability. The dual pressure contacts are further designed to have a low electrical resistance and extra tight connection with the CR2032. The lightweight LCP base piece of the holder is extremely strong, and capable of withstanding up to 280°C for reflow solder process compatibility. The CR2032 is installed into the clear plastic cover piece, and then snapped onto to the base piece to create an extremely secure CR2032 holder.
Snap Dragons are particularly suitable for automotive products, handheld electronics, key fobs, and industrial equipment. Any applications which demand the highest reliability will find Snap Dragons to be more than up to the task, as we have tested them for 2 meter falls onto concrete with no battery ejection, as well as for a high resistance to shocks and vibrations. Snap Dragons can do all of this while also being one of the shortest CR2032 holders available on the market, with a height above the PCB of just 4.83 mm including the cover piece, while the typical open top CR2032 holder stands at least 5.2 mm over the PCB.
- Same PCB solder pad spacing as BU2032SM-JJ-G and competing products
- Eliminates cost of battery removal strap and associated parts and labor
- Eliminates cost of dense foam above the battery and associated parts and labor
- Lower profile than BU2032SM-JJ-G and competing products
- Patent pending
- List price for BHSD-2032-SM starts at $0.47 per unit for 5,000 units, with volume discounts available
- Delivery is normally from distributor stock, or after a short waiting period