IT Currency Management Platform to Provide Application Compatibility in the Cloud
Futurestate IT, provider of what is presented as the first and only automated Cloud-based IT Currency Management Platform today announced the general availability of its AppRx Application Currency Management (ACM) platform to assess, plan and execute migration of applications for Windows 7 or Server 2008 as well as determine if/how applications can be virtualized. Futurestate IT also announces an agreement with App-DNA Inc., the global leader in Application Intelligence, where App-DNA's main product AppTitude is integrated with Futurestate IT AppRx Application Currency Management (ACM) solution.
Companies are continuously struggling to keep their IT applications current with each new OS and software platform release. As an example, Gartner estimate that over 250 million PCs will migrate to Windows 7 over the next few years since Microsoft announced the end of Windows XP support in 2014. In order to migrate to the new OS, companies must first determine if, and how, their applications will work on the new platform. Currently this process is done completely manually via professional services or with the assistance of software such as App-DNA by internal staff or external consultants.
Futurestate IT created the first cloud-based platform to solve the daunting challenges of assessing, planning and migrating application to the latest operating system available. It enables customers of all sizes to dramatically accelerate their application migration projects (Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, App-V and XenApp) while greatly lowering their costs and risks. Unlike pure services or software assisted approaches, AppRx allows for up to 5x faster deployment, offers a pay per use model that enables up to 90% lower TCO and significantly lower risks associated with application migration.
AppRx currently supports Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Microsoft App-V and Citrix XenApp. AppRx also provides centralized and streamlined application currency management for ongoing business as usual (BAU) changes to the IT environment such as service packs, security updates and software upgrades.
"After many years servicing customers purely via professional services, I'm glad to now offer customer and partners a cloud-based tool to accelerate their application migration projects and significantly reduce their cost" said Alex Topitsch, Founder and CEO at Futurestate IT, Inc. "AppRx is a major milestone to assess, plan, migrate and sustain application currency in organizations and we are excited to accomplish this with App-DNA, the global leader in Application Intelligence".
Futurestate IT AppRx is primarily offered via reseller and system integrator and is priced based on an annual subscription fee per application, per platform. Free trials are available.
Benefits of a cloud-based offering includes:
• Easy to try
• No pre-sales, professional services, training, hardware, installation
• Simply upload application install file and explore the results in a matter of minutes
• Free trial available (limited applications, 30 days access)
• Easy to buy
• On-demand purchase model - easy to buy and try (POC)
• Buy licenses as required - align with phased rollout schedule
• Assign costs / budget to lines of business / application owners
• Easy to adopt & use
• No need to set up a physical centre of excellence
• Access to web portal to all project stakeholders to upload files
Benefits to customers and partners includes:
• Up to 5x faster deployment
• Pay per use model that provides up to 90% lower TCO
• Significantly lower risks associated with application migration
Additional information on Futurestate IT:
• Contact information: http://www.futurestateit.com/Contact.aspx
• Twitter: @futurestateit
• LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/futurestate-it
For more information, visit www.futurestateit.com.