APEC 2012 Announces Student $1,000 Attendance Awards
The APEC Student Attendance Award program, initiated by the Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA) for APEC 2006, is now jointly underwritten by PSMA and the other co-sponsors of the APEC Conference – the IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS) and the IEEE Industry Applications society (IAS).
The recipients of the Student Awards will be chosen by the APEC 2012 Award and Grants Committee. Application forms are available at APEC Attendance Award Application. The criteria for the awards are:
• The applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a power electronics program at an accredited institution.
• Applications must be made and received by the Committee by October 21, 2011.
• Up to two Student Awards will be made to students from a single institution. However, the award may be shared among students who applied for the Award.
• The recipients must attend APEC 2012 and submit expense receipts to the Committee.
• Preference will be given to students who have not received this Award in the past.
• The recipients will be notified by the Committee by November 11, 2011.
APEC 2012 General Chair Frank Cirolia, Program Chair for APEC 2012, stated “APEC is proud to be able to provide and expand this program for the continuing education of young power electronics students. The industry needs to encourage students to consider a career in power electronics and demonstrate that there are many opportunities for rewarding and challenging employment in the industry.”
More information about the APEC Student Awards may be found on the Education Forum page at www.psma.com.