Cutting-Edge Robotics on Display at CES Robotics TechZone
Massage robot, robot suit, Paro the seal, new Pleo rb dinosaur, window and floor cleaning robots and more
WHERE: International CES
LVCC, South Hall 2
WHEN: January 6 - 9, 2011
The CES Robotics TechZone will showcase cutting-edge robotics, with daily demonstrations and booth presentations. Photo opportunities abound!
DreamBots – Booth #25714 - The DreamBots’ WheeMee is a palm size robot that gently massages and caresses as it moves slowly across the body. Embodying unique sensor technology, WheeMe automatically and silently steers itself without falling off or losing its grip. www.dreambots.comContact: Cobi Gurievsky at email@example.com
Innovo Labs - Booth #25717 - The new PLEO rb is an autonomous robotic life form modeled on a young Camarasaurus dinosaur. PLEO rb is designed to mimic life, which means PLEO rb thinks and acts independently, just like a real animal. PLEO rb exhibits emotions, is aware of his/her surroundings, and has recognizable behaviors. PLEO rb's sophisticated sensory system enables him to hear, to see, to sense touch, and to detect objects. www.pleoworld.com Contact Derek Dotson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ilshim Global Company Ltd. - Booth #25716 - Windoro is a flat, autonmous window cleaning robot that uses water, detergent and rotating pads to clean glass while navigating with obstacle sensors. Windoro consists of two parts held together by neodymium magnets, which simultaneously clean both sides of a window pane. Contact Ryu, Man Hun at email@example.com.
JETRO (Japanese External Trade Organization) –The Japan External Trade Organization is a government-related organization promoting mutual trade and investment between Japan and the rest of the world For more information visit www.jetro.org. Contact: Kevin Kalb at 312-832-6023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CYBERDYNE Inc. - Booth #25920 - Featuring "Robot Suit HAL”® (Hybrid Assistive Limb®), the first Cyborg-type robot extending and improving the physical capabilities of its user by simply wearing it. www.cyberdyne.jp/english/index.html.
- JS-ROBOTICS INC. - Booth #25915 - A business venture focusing on research, development, manufacturing and sales of education-oriented IT and robotics. www.js-robotics.com.
- nextEDGE Technology, K.K. - Booth #25916 - A specialized software engineering company, featuring the touchless interface “aeroTAP,” enabling users to control a PC by using simple hand gestures captured by a webcam. www.nextedgetech.com/en/index.html.
- PARO Robots U.S., Inc. - Booth #25817 - Demonstrating the therapeutic baby harp seal robot "PARO," that features a learning function through artificial intelligence. PARO is covered with touch sensors throughout the body, which can detect being petted and cuddled. PARO can also detect the voice and light, and can remember its name and understand some words. www.parorobots.com.
- Tsukuba Center, Inc. (TCI) - Boothh #25918 - Tsukuba city is a center for robot technology in Japan. The Japanese government has given Tsukuba two missions. First, to determine robot safety standards at state-run research facilities in Tsukuba. Second, to test mobile robots on public roads in Tsukuba. www.tsukuba-tci.co.jp/abstract/TCIprofile.html.
- TOPS Systems Corp. - Booth #25917 - TOPS Systems Corporation works on Architecture-Algorithm Co-design. They have developed several Heterogeneous Multi-Core Processors based on the TOPSTREAM™ architecture that enables high performance and/or low-power with high performance never reached before by any existing architecture. www.topscom.co.jp.
- Vstone Co.,Ltd.- Booth #25819 - A robotics development and manufacturing company. Products are humanoid robots for research and hobby, sensors for robots, and educational programmable robots. Kumotek Robotics is their partner/distributor in USA. www.vstone.co.jp/e/index.html; www.kumotek.com.
- XIROKU INC. - Booth #25919 -Featuring an Optical Touch module, API Optical Touch Screen, and Pressure Sheet Sensor by the electromagnetic induction system. www.xiroku.com.
- City of Osaka, Chicago Office - Booth #25818 - Osaka is known as the center of the Japanese robot industry with the accumulation of SMEs with excellent technologies, world-leading research organizations and major home electronics manufacturers. www.Osakacity.org.
- Intuitive Automata– Autom™, a robotic weight loss coach that has been proven to help you successfully lose weight and keep it off. www.intuitiveautoata.com