Smart Grid Electronics Forum – Program Announced
"This is the first conference on the Smart Grid to meet the specific needs and interests of system design engineers. The focus will extend from the Smart Meter through the building and into the end-use equipment," stated Jeff Shepard, president of Darnell Group.
The Monday Plenary Session will feature:
• Smart Grid: Next Generation Architectures and Technologies, Claudio Lima, Vice Chair, IEEE Smart Grid P2030 Communications Architecture Standards
• A High-Assurance Smart Grid - An Architectural Approach, Tom Overman, Chief Architect, Boeing Energy Cyber Security, Boeing Defense, Space & Security
• Bringing Real-Time Monitoring to the Grid, Supreet Oberoi, VP Engineering, RTI
• Connecting the Smart Grid Through the Last Mile and Beyond: A Survey of Current and Future AMI Communication Solutions, Eddie Luaces, General Manager, ADD Semiconductor
General Session topics will include: Smart Meters, Wireless Communications, Control and Integration, Protection and Communications, Case Studies (2 sessions), and Building Infrastructures and Micro Grids.
A second Plenary Session on Tuesday will feature:
• Electrical Noise Considerations for Planning Smart Grid Communication and Control Wireless Networks, Dheena Moongilan, Distinguished Member of Technical Staff, Alcatel-Lucent Bell Laboratories
• Security in the Evolving Smart Grid: What Does it Mean for Your Business?, Ernest Wohing, Smart Grid Task Force Member, Booze Allen Hamilton
• Monitoring Storage - Critical to Smart Grid Success, Paul Larson, Principal, Steve Cotton, Principal, and Mike Brinck, Principal, IntelliBatt
• Enhancing Reliability in Medium-Voltage Power Line Communications, Matt Rhoades, CEO, Semitech Semiconductor
You will find the complete schedule at:
You can receive an Early Registration Discount at:
You can find the complete news release at: