Blogs
View Sample

FREE Email Newsletter

ECN Daily

Beyond Salad: How to Save Energy in the Kitchen During the Summer

August 16, 2010 8:21 am | by Energy Savers Blog | Comments

One day I ordered pizza delivery. Another day, I went out to eat (well, several days actually). Yet another day found me trolling the produce and canned veggie & fruit aisles of the supermarket to assemble an interesting salad. But sooner or later, I want to cook food: real food, in...

Israel approves purchase of F-35

August 16, 2010 7:27 am | by Jason Lomberg, Technical Editor | Comments

As reported by Defense Talk, Israel has agreed to purchase 20 F-35 Joint Strike Fighters in a deal worth an estimated 2.75 billion dollars. At $96 million a piece, this would be the most expensive weapons deal ever signed by Israel. As the Swiss Army Knife of fighter jets, and the bulwark of the free world for the next 40 years (not to sound hyperbolic)...

Airmen enhance F-15E capabilities with helmet-mounted cueing system

August 13, 2010 9:11 am | by Tech. Sgt. Tammie Moore, 4th Fighter Wing Public Affairs | Comments

The concept is like something out of a movie -- the ability to find a target from a jet cockpit with the naked eye and lock onto it simply by fixing your gaze upon it. This science fiction concept has become a reality at the 336th Fighter Squadron.

Multiple Antennas Boost Cell-Phone Performance

August 13, 2010 5:26 am | by Tom Simonite, Technology Review | Comments

Researchers at Rice University have come up with a design that could make signal worries a thing of the past, and extend battery life as well.

TOPICS:

Would You Consider Installing a Cool Roof?

August 12, 2010 4:20 am | by Energy Savers Blog | Comments

On Monday, Erin discussed cool roof technologies and how they can improve the comfort of buildings while reducing energy costs.

Cool Roofs: An Introduction

August 9, 2010 1:23 pm | by Energy Savers Blog | Comments

Lately, I've been hearing a lot about cool roof technologies, so I welcomed the chance to learn more at a recent seminar. Cool roofs, also referred to as white roofs, have special coatings that reflect sunlight and emit heat more efficiently than traditional roofs, keeping them cooler in the sun.

The SolidWorks Community Blog Has Moved

August 5, 2010 8:23 am | by Richard Doyle's Community Blog | Comments

I suppose 4 months of inactivity was a clue, but I've moved this blog here.

Which LED Lighting Products Would You Consider Trying?

August 5, 2010 5:23 am | by Energy Savers Blog | Comments

On Monday, Chris discussed his upcoming project to replace the lighting in his kitchen and family room. Chris is considering LED (light-emitting diode) lighting, especially for his kitchen, where they can be installed under the cabinets. LEDs can also be used for other applications,...

Trends in Test - Multichannel RF

August 3, 2010 7:53 am | by Kevin Bisking, National Instruments (www.ni.com) | Comments

Until now, many companies have been able to incrementally evolve their test architectures to absorb new RF measurement requirements. However, two critical technology trends will change this approach.

Thermostat Wars

August 3, 2010 5:23 am | by Energy Savers Blog | Comments

The other day, I was visiting a friend's office and noticed something you may have noticed yourself: his building had a variety of micro-climates, ranging from the furnace hot to the freezing cold. The offices with windows that faced south and west were hottest, while offices with windows...

Seeing the Light: LED Under-Cabinet and Recessed Downlights

August 2, 2010 7:22 am | by Energy Savers Blog | Comments

I moved into my apartment about four years ago. Little by little, I've continued to make improvements that help me save money on my energy bills. I've:

Intro to Innovative Energy

July 30, 2010 12:28 pm | by Chris Warner, Executive Editor | Comments

Welcome to our new vertical dedicated to the world of possibilities with alternate energy. I’ll start off with a few of the alternate energy-related products announced at Sensors Expo back in June. Next week, I’ll get us up to date with some products that were announced this summer. And speaking of summer, I hope everyone’s been getting plenty of sun.

Air Force experiments with ''gesture recognition'' technology

July 29, 2010 10:09 am | by Jason Lomberg, Technical Editor | Comments

Wired has a piece discussing the Air Force Research Laboratory’s experiments with motion sense technology. Using a device similar to Nintendo’s “Power Glove”, the folks over at Wright Patterson AFB feel that “gesture recognition” can help fly planes. According to the labs, “Warfighter productivity is limited by the need to operate equipment via physical keys, switches, and buttons...

Bringing Broadband to India

July 29, 2010 4:52 am | by Rupert Baines, picoChip (www.picochip.com) | Comments

picoChip announced a partnership with a local firm (Entuple) which will help with our sales and support in India, and rather more importantly, we announced a major design win with Rancore for a 4G basestation design.

TOPICS:

What Kind of Green Jobs Most Interest You?

July 29, 2010 4:22 am | by Energy Savers Blog | Comments

On Monday, Amy told you about some resources to help you learn about and find green jobs. "Green jobs" is a broad term, and there are opportunities for people with all types of skills.

Pages

X
You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
The password field is case sensitive.