Blogs
View Sample

FREE Email Newsletter

ECN Daily

LED Lighting: Just the Facts, Please!

January 4, 2010 5:53 am | by Energy Savers Blog | Comments

My June 16, 2009 blog gave tips on purchasing high-quality LED lights. Now there's another arsenal in the toolbox to help c

SWUGN Year in Review - October 2009

January 4, 2010 3:55 am | by Richard Doyle's Community Blog | Comments

Top StoryThe Central Texas SolidWorks User group celebrates its 10th anniversary with a huge meeting. 70 attendees, including SolidWorks VP's, special guests, and 4 original members are on hand to help usher in the next ten years. Group leader Bill Casnovsky says he's still having...

SWUGN Year in Review - September 2009

January 3, 2010 7:53 am | by Richard Doyle's Community Blog | Comments

Top StoryJim Lowery retires after four years as the San Antonio SolidWorks User Group leader. One of the most personable people you will ever meet, Jim steps down at the top of his game and hands over the reins to Anthony Gomez. That's not the end of the story though - look for a special...

SWUGN Year in Review - August 2009

January 3, 2010 6:54 am | by Richard Doyle's Community Blog | Comments

Top StoryMy busiest travel month of 2009 takes me to Iowa, Minnesota, and Vancouver. I logged nearly 700 driving miles during the Iowa trip, flew "internationally" for Vancouver, and finally, after ten years, got to meet SolidWorks user Jay Guthrie in Minnesota. Nothing makes me happier...

What Do-It-Yourself Projects Have Saved You Energy and Money?

December 31, 2009 5:52 am | by Energy Savers Blog | Comments

This week, you read about Chris' experience with frozen pipes, and how he saved money with a si

TOPICS:

Will You Be Purchasing New Appliances for a Rebate from Your State?

December 30, 2009 7:54 am | by Energy Savers Blog | Comments

This week, you read about Amy's war with her dishwasher and how she plans to take advantage of her

TOPICS:

Four Days Left to Buy Energy-Efficient Products for a 2009 Tax Credit!

December 30, 2009 7:54 am | by Energy Savers Blog | Comments

Black Friday sales have never been enough to entice me to brave the crowds after Thanksgiving. I'm just not that dedicated to shopping. After-Christmas sales, however, are another story. Sometimes those sales are just too good to pass up. If you're p

Insulation Saves Energy and Money at Home...and HOA from Disaster

December 30, 2009 7:54 am | by Energy Savers Blog | Comments

Earlier this month, just one day after Denver's first cold snap of the season, I woke up and saw a new text message from my downstairs neighbor. She was writing to let me know no one in our small, six-unit condo building had water. Immediately I fear

Russian Space Agency considers Armageddon-like mission

December 30, 2009 6:50 am | by Jason Lomberg, Technical Editor | Comments

The Russian Space Agency is considering a plan that evokes the 1998 disaster flick, Armageddon. The head of the agency, Anatoly Perminov, mentioned that Russia is assessing a mission to Apophis, a 270-meter (885-foot) asteroid. The difference between Hollywood and real life is that Apophis stands minimal chance of hitting Earth...

Researchers Develop Anti-Counterfeiting Tech for RFID

December 30, 2009 3:43 am | Comments

Engineering researchers at the University of Arkansas have developed a unique and robust method to prevent cloning of passive radio frequency identification tags. The technology, based on one or more unique physical attributes of individual tags rather than information stored on them, will prevent the production of counterfeit tags...

TOPICS:

Fusion: the power source of the future

December 29, 2009 12:09 pm | by M. Simon | Comments

Fusion is the power source of the future, goes the old saw. And for fifty years, it has always been "fifty years in the future." That may be changing with a number of new small fusion projects in the works or doing actual experiments.

Engines of Prosperity

December 29, 2009 12:07 pm | by M. Simon | Comments

In my last post I discussed Forth as a language. A language that is based on a virtual machine. What if that virtual machine was turned into a real machine? Good things. For one operations can be done in parallel. Returns can be automatically initiated at the end of an instruction cycle.

Neighborhood Development Package Revisited

December 29, 2009 12:03 pm | by M. Simon | Comments

Since I wrote Neighborhood Development Package on November 11, 2006, I have been thinking about the pieces needed to make the system work 24/7. The full article is below but let me give you a short review. My idea was to electrify a neighborhood in order to educate, communicate, and pump water.

Go Forth!

December 29, 2009 12:01 pm | by M. Simon | Comments

Levis (the jeans people) have been suggesting that people Go Forth. http://goforth.levi.com/fortune I'd like to make a similar suggestion. Not about jeans, but about software. Go Forth.

Bug or Windshield?

December 29, 2009 11:58 am | by Alan Amling, Global Logistics and Distribution Marketing, UPS Supply Chain Solutions, www.ups.com | Comments

As I write this blog in early December the Dow is reaching 14 month highs, indicating a belief that the worst is behind us.  While many believe there will be more bumps in the road and the unemployment picture hasn’t improved much, the tide is changing.

Pages

X
You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
The password field is case sensitive.